1. Trundle beds for children are the norm these days, but the trundle was originally used by both children and servants. Back in Shakespeare's time, the trundle was known by a different name: in Shakespeare's play The Merry Wives of Windsor, Sir John Falstaff is said to have a "truckle-bed."
2. The sleeping trundle is the classic trundle design featuring a sliding or rolling bed that fits beneath the frame. Kids trundle beds of this kind are ideal for occasional sleepovers, or for shared bedrooms that aren't bunk bed friendly.
3. The storage trundle is our most popular kids trundle bed style. It comes with one or more under-the-bed drawers which can be used for storing clothes, toys, and more. A storage trundle bed is a smart, affordable way to maximize bedroom space.
4. Daybed trundles are a stylish sleeping solution for older children, teens, and students. Our daybed with trundle selection offers wood, metal, and wicker designs with three-in-one function: sofa during the day, bed at night, and trundle when it's needed.
5. Between birthday parties, sleepovers, and school holidays, a house's child-to-bedroom ratio can easily exceed 2:1. Bunk bed trundles allow you to comfortably sleep three to a room without busting out the sleeping bags and air mattresses from your camper.
6. Our children's trundle bed section specializes in kid-friendly sizes such as twin and double or full size trundle beds. Our twin trundle bed selection alone offers well over 100 different bed styles.
7. Wood trundle beds are the most popular choice for kids rooms. Our wood trundle bed selection includes Mission, cottage, modern, and traditional designs in a variety of finishes. Metal trundle beds are also available, including daybeds and modern industrial-style trundles.
8. A favorite trundle style with kids and parents alike is the storage trundle bed with bookcase. These storage trundle beds are the ultimate in space-saving convenience, combining under-the-bed drawers with spacious book shelves or compartments in the sturdy headboard.
9. Oak, pine, cherry, walnut, and maple may be classic furniture finishes, but white is the finish of choice for many buyers of children's trundle beds. White trundle beds are perfect for girls' cottage-style bedrooms, but they're also popular as captain's beds or a complement to modern color schemes.
10. A full size trundle bed may satisfy younger children, but teens need something a little more fashionable. For them, we carry a variety of queen size trundle beds, including classic poster beds and Louise Philippe designs.
"I want to say Thank you for such speedy service. We didn't expect it until next week and the manner in which things were handled was excellent. The email communication has been wonderful and I will definitely look forward to buying from this site again and will recommend this to others as well."